The Mount Vernon School Alumni Association was organized to improve communication among alumni and with the school district. Some of the projects the Association continues to work on are a comprehensive alumni database, reunion services, alumni social events, and making contact with reunion organizers from each graduating class. If you went to school or graduated from Mount Vernon, you are considered a member of the Alumni Association. Visit the Association website at www.MVAlumni.org.
The Mount Vernon Community School District Alumni Association is established to support Mount Vernon Schools’ alumni activities. This may be accomplished by, but not limited to:
- Fostering the continuing spirit of tradition and loyalty among the alumni of Mount Vernon Community School District
- Creating and maintaining a channel of communications to provide school and alumni information to Mount Vernon Schools alumni
- Providing support to class reunion committees
- Sponsoring alumni events and fostering social activities for alumni
- Be a resource to current graduates
YEARLY ALUMNI EVENTS
May 1: Alumni Hall of Fame Award nominations due
July: Alumni/Community Breakfast on Saturday during Heritage Days. Visit with alums and community members at the reception area uptown Mount Vernon on Friday and Saturday during the Heritage Days celebration.
August: Alumni Association Annual Meeting and Board Reorganization Meeting
Fall: Homecoming and Hall of Fame Award Ceremony. All award events take place on the Friday of Homecoming.