Registration has now opened for the 2021-22 school year. If you are new to the district, please contact the District Office at 319-895-8845. Returning students may use their PowerSchool online account to register.

Employment / Human Resources

The Human Resources personnel of the District Office support the approximately 200 full and part-time staff members who are dedicated to providing quality learning and extracurricular opportunities to our students.  Human Resources personnel provide employees with guidance in understanding the benefits afforded to them as employees of the district and providing them support when facing personal challenges that may impact their work.  In conjunction with the building principals; the Human Resources personnel work to recruit, hire, develop, and retain highly qualified, dedicated, and passionate individuals who are “all in all the time” for the District’s students.  Quality professional development, along with a focus on continuous improvements, are hallmarks of the District.


Current Open Positions

Applicants for open positions (except for Nutrition Department applicants) are required to apply using the Teach Iowa online application system. In November of 2020, the Teach Iowa online application system transitioned to a new platform. Applicants need to complete an updated Teach Iowa online application in order to apply for current job openings.

Nutrition Department Positions

When applying for a nutrition department position, please complete the application that can be found under the Nutrition Department Application button on the right and return it to the High School to Nutrition Director Marcia Purington.

Substitute Teaching

If you are interested in substitute teaching in the Mount Vernon Community School District, please review the information on the Grant Wood AEA SubCentral website. 

Click here to visit the SubCentral Website.


Interested in becoming a bus driver?  Please contact Transportation Director, Dennis Gross at (319) 895-6205 or

Substitute bus drivers are needed for Special Education routes, regular routes, and activity trips. Must have a CDL license.