Dear Parent, Guardian, or other Legally Responsible Adult: All Iowa public school districts are required to administer an annual school…
Our students consistently score above state and national averages on state and national academic assessments, and are able to pursue interests in core academic classes as well as classes in the fine and practical arts.
The District has exemplary and award-winning programs in band, choir, orchestra, theater, and art, with learning and performances taking place in a state of the art Performing Arts Center.
The Mount Vernon Mustangs consistently excel at high levels in all sports, winning multiple state, district, and conference championships throughout its history.
Excellence in Academics, Arts & Athletics
Our students thrive in a culture that recognizes that being a well-rounded person is key to their personal growth and development. Many of our students excel in all three arenas, developing life skills and building relationships that will assist them for their lives after school.About Our District
- — Golf: Boys Varsity vs. Wilton West Branch Washington (IA) Durant West Liberty North Cedar Highland Iowa City Regina”>Multiple Schools (Away)
- — — MS Choir
- — Track: Boys Varsity vs. Dubuque Wahlert Catholic Maquoketa Tipton Bellevue Cascade Clinton Marquette Catholic High School Midland Anamosa North Cedar Calamus-Wheatland Northeast Davenport North Easton Valley”>Multiple Schools (Away)
- — Early Dismissal 1:05 pm
- — Golf: Boys Varsity vs. Anamosa Clear Creek Amana”>Multiple Schools (Away)
- — Golf: Boys Varsity vs. Durant Maquoketa North Cedar Iowa City Regina Solon West Branch West Liberty Wilton”>Multiple Schools (Away)
- — — MS Choir
- — Tennis: Girls Varsity vs. Waverly-Shell Rock (Away)
- — Tennis: Girls Varsity vs. Union (Home)
- — — Soccer: Boys Varsity (Date Changed to 04-19-21) vs. Maquoketa (Home)
- — — Soccer: Girls Varsity vs. Maquoketa (Away)
- — — HS Guidance ACT test
- — HS Theatre Performance
Work will resume this week on Seventh Avenue near the practice fields and softball field. The road will be blocked…
MVCSD Makes Adjustments to the End of the Year Calendar Each year, school districts in Iowa are required to offer…
Fostering growth and confidence as learners and people
Opportunities to Explore
Students in the Mount Vernon Community School District have the opportunity to pursue their interests and passions in a variety of academic programs, while also being able to engage in a variety of extracurricular activities.
The Mount Vernon Community School District is fortunate to have teachers and staff members who have dedicated several decades in service to our students, while also recruiting talented new teachers and staff members to join a dynamic team.
A Caring Community
Supporting the social and emotional growth and well-being of our students is as important as their academic growth, and is evident in the positive relationships established between the students and staff.
100% of the Mount Vernon Community School District recognizes and celebrates the accomplishments of all students and staff in all academic and co-curricular areas.
70% of Mount Vernon Community School District students receive college credit prior to graduating from high school, and 87% of our graduates are enrolled in a two or four-year academic or trade program.
MANY of Mount Vernon Community School District students work in the community and are engaged in a variety of volunteer and service projects.
MAJORITY of Mount Vernon Community School District students are involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Our students are all in with being proud Mustangs and proud members of the Mount Vernon community, and our staff and community are all in for them!